Checklist for if you are going into hills
- Strong Walking Boots.
- Rucksack (with frame if possible).
- Warm cloths.
- Spare cloths in waterproof bag, such as set thermal underware.
- Sunhat and suncream.
- First Aid.
- Insect repellent (Avon skin so soft 'woodland fresh' is excellent).
- A piece of finemesh net curtain will be usefull to keep midges from face.
- Maps: Landranger 58 (and 57) and Explorer 366, (368, 369) and Harvey's map of the Ochils. (Maps can often be borrowed from libraries)
- Torch and spare batteries.
- Bottles of water.
- Compact food such as nuts and dried fruit.
- Biodegradable plastic bags (to take away waste in or bury it if organic)
- Survival bag (big strong bag in day glow orange)